10 Jun | 2022
Job Ref: Technical & Design | Residential
CIVIL ENGINEER – NORTHAMPTON –
Here at Potensis, we are currently working with a leading UK residential developer who are seeking to employ a Civil Engineer to work within their Technical Department at their division in Northampton to manage the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue. Our client is a stable and well-established business known for developing large-scale residential projects.
Responsibilities will include:
· Advising the Land Team on the technical viability of new sites, preparing outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals and assisting the Planning Team in obtaining planning permissions.
· Working in-house within the Technical Team to manage the production of drawings related to roads, sewers, private drainage, walls and foundation designs.
· Appointing, briefing and managing internal and external engineering consultants and ensuring all work is completed accurately and on time.
· Managing technical submissions for approval and helping to obtain other statutory approvals.
· Issuing engineering information to other departments and liaising with the Commercial Team regarding costs related to mains laying and service connections.
· Producing technical reports and answering technical queries.
The ideal candidate should be commercially aware and have a knowledge of the construction industry with experience working for a house builder or engineering consultancy. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a client who is prepared to offer an attractive salary to entice the right candidate, who will receive a great level of exposure to development as a whole with a well-established company who offer clear opportunities for progression.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you are interested in the role, please apply today.
Talk to one of our consultants, we're here to help.