Potensis is a leading provider of permanent, interim and temporary recruitment services for land and development roles. We have supplied candidates with a land focus for over 20 years.
We work with a range of clients including PLC House Builders, Mixed Use and PRS developers, RSL’s, niche luxury developers and Land Promoters and helped to develop their capability to secure and develop sought after and viable projects.
We cover the following roles in land and development:
- Land Director: heading up the land and planning function for a developer this role will have ultimate responsibility for the identification, negotiation and purchase of new sites and managing these sites through the development process through to the successful granting of planning permission.
- Senior Land Manager: the role involves the coordination of both internal stakeholders and external bodies such as land agents and local authorities. The role will use these networks to negotiate and buy sites for future developments.
- Land Buyer: like the land manager the role is focused on the identification of new potential sites, including carrying feasibility exercises to ensure that the developments are financially viable
- Strategic Land Director/Strategic Land Manager: strategic land roles focus on a long term land acquisition strategy, looking to secure and develop sites for the longer term.
- Town Planner: this role is vital to ensuring that a project will receive planning permission, and that any scheme offers the best economic, environmental and social outcomes for the local community. Town Planners are typically members of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Planning Manager: Responsible for ensuring that a development achieves planning permission whilst achieving the desired economic, environmental and social outcomes for the local community. The role requires an understanding of planning policy, financial implications and an awareness around specific policy and regulation requirements.
- Development Manager: development managers take a proactive role across the entire land & development process, for complex and mixed use developments and involve project managing internal and external stakeholders, contract negotiations, the appointment and coordination of consultant teams. The role has a strong commercial aspect to ensure schemes will be profitable.
Potensis offers a full range of recruitment services for land and development candidates, these include:
- Executive Search: Potensis offers a dedicated headhunting capability for the placement of senior personnel in land and development roles. The process involves a detailed research process and extensive pre-qualification of candidates for hard to fill technical positions and leadership roles for our clients.
- Interim Services: Potensis enjoys an unrivalled network of high level land and development professionals. Where our clients require a leadership level hire on a temporary or fixed term basis, Potensis is able to supply specialist interim candidates.
- Permanent Recruitment: Potensis is specialist in permanent hires for land and development roles. Our consultants have well developed personal networks and a regional focus, giving our clients the best possible candidate access.
- Freelance/Temporary Recruitment: Potensis has a well-developed freelance/temporary recruitment service, offering proven, qualified and well regarded land and development candidates. We are able to offer our clients flexibility and a quick service.