Potensis is a leading provider of permanent, interim and temporary recruitment services for white collar build roles.
We work with a range of clients including PLC House Builders, mixed use and PRS developers, RSL’s and niche luxury developers and helped to develop their capability to deliver a high quality product by supplying high calibre candidates at all levels.
Potensis enjoys an unrivalled network of specialist candidates with significant commercial acumen. Our coverage includes the following roles:
- Commercial Directors: the leading specialist of a region or company’s commercial team, Commercial Directors will be responsible to the board for the delivery of commercial objectives. Commercial Directors manage a team of diverse functions, covering a range of skill sets from legal and financial activities through to procurement and feasibility tasks.
- Commercial Managers: will be responsible for managing teams of surveyors with financial responsibility for the delivery of a portfolio of projects from procurement to final accounts. On some larger/complex projects a commercial manager may lead a team of surveyors on an individual site.
- Managing Quantity Surveyors: leading a team of surveyors, in some clients a Managing Quantity Surveyor (MQS) will undertake similar duties to a Commercial Manager.
- Senior Quantity Surveyors/Quantity Surveyors: Quantity Surveyors (QS), undertake a range of duties before, during and after the construction process, from procurement to final accounts. They will be involved in managing the tender process for potential suppliers, appointing, managing and issuing payments to subcontractors, carrying out valuation and variation exercises.
- Assistant Quantity Surveyors: Assistant Quantity Surveyors (AQS) are junior members of the commercial department and will be focused on supporting other members of the commercial team on specific tasks.
- Cost Planners: Responsible for producing cost estimates and the allocation of anticipated costs during the life of a project, playing a key part in the accurate production of cash flow forecasts.
- Estimators: Working closely with the land and development teams, estimators are specialists in quantifying the material and construction requirements of a project and developing a cost estimate as part of a land purchase or for identifying potential project costs.
- Procurement Managers/ Buyers: procurement professionals play an important role not only in purchasing materials and supplier contracts but also in negotiating the best prices and maintaining price databases for the estimating function.
Potensis offers a full range of recruitment services for commercial candidates, these include:
- Executive Search: Potensis offers a dedicated headhunting capability for the placement of senior personnel in commercial roles. The process involves a detailed research process and extensive pre-qualification of candidates for hard to fill technical positions and leadership roles for our clients.
- Interim Services: Potensis enjoys an unrivalled network of high level commercial professionals. Where our clients require a leadership level hire on a temporary or fixed term basis, Potensis is able to supply specialist interim candidates.
- Permanent Recruitment: Potensis is specialist in permanent hires for commercial roles. Our consultants have well developed personal networks and a regional focus, giving our clients the best possible candidate access.
- Freelance/Temporary Recruitment: Potensis has a well-developed freelance/temporary recruitment service, offering proven, qualified and well regarded commercial candidates. We are able to offer our clients flexibility and a quick service.