5 Feb | 2024
Job Ref: Technical & Design | Residential
We are currently working with an award winning residential developer seeking a Head of Technical to join their excelling business. You will join a company in a strong financial position, with an extensive pipeline of current and future work, delivering high-quality homes in London. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge, team management and a good understanding of residential development construction.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to…
• Assessment of potential developments and production of detailed technical reports, including site visits with the appropriate members of the management team to ensure the best cost engineered solution is produced for the land (or vice versa).
• Effective daily management of the Team (Internal and External) to ensure the provision of required level of services in a pro-active and professional manner to enable other departments to fulfil their role.
• To drive production with your own team and the other functions in order to deliver on time and on-budget.
• Monitor and report on all aspects of the performance of external consultants.
• Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
• Oversee and monitor departmental compliance with delivery strategies and identify potential deviations from company targets in a timely manner.
• Establish and enforce quality and standards in schemes, and maintain the good image of the company.
• Keep abreast of industry changes / best practise / external networking to ensure that Divisional and Group standards are updated in line with changes in legislation, standards and best practise to ensure compliance with all applicable criteria.
• Establish good working relationships with Department Heads to ensure schemes are constructed as intended and to encourage feedback for inclusion in future schemes to avoid wastage and improve the engineered solutions.
• Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
• Develop good working relationships with Local Authorities and ensure knowledge of the peculiarities of the Local Authorities, and knowledge of the many techniques applicable to the Housing Industry to ensure easy approvals and fast, marketable, economic house building.
• Assist Group Functions in the collation of data / reporting on all aspects of compliance and performance.
• Supporting the Customer Care team with any customer enquiries of a technical nature.
• Understanding and ensuring departmental compliance with Group Policy and Procedures
Personal characteristics / qualifications and skills:
• Experience in a senior technical role for a residential developer.
• An excellent team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
• Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
• Extensive experience of working within established development methodologies.
• Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
• Demonstrable effective experience of working for a major company in a similar role or at the level of Senior Technical Manager / Head Of Technical.
• Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development.
• Knowledge and aptitude to identify those issues which impact on land value or development costs and to make the correct 'allowances'.
• Ability to demonstrate a level of experience to enable a ‘trouble shooting’ position to be taken, both for live and legacy projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading housebuilder with exciting plans for the future, with plenty of room for internal progression and an attractive financial package for the right candidate. Other benefits also include, but are not limited to:
Car Allowance of up to £8,000.
For further information, please apply today with the latest copy of your CV.
Talk to one of our consultants, we're here to help.