9 Feb | 2024
Job Ref: Commercial | Residential
Commercial Director – Residential Developer
Remote / London
We are currently working with a leading 5-star residential developer who are looking for a Commercial Director to manage the Commercial function on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the surveying, buying and estimating teams are functioning successfully.
Responsibilities will include:
Responsible for the cost control of projects throughout the construction process, including procurement of subcontractors and materials in line with Build & Budget requirements and managing a commercial team.
Additional duties will include:
• Managing the full commercial function including estimating, procurement, delivery of projects to an agreed budget
• Managing/ defending claims
• Manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting, including interaction at a group level
• Manage the technical support systems to analyse and report on costs and cash flow vs budget
• Manage an effective system for the identification and procurement of sub-contractors, using Group Tender procedures where appropriate, and the procurement of goods and materials and designs
• Manage a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors, consultants and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures
• Ensure the Commercial Team are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload
• Appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board in line with the standard format and schedule
• Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
Candidates should have:
- Worked with a housing developer previously.
- Experience as a Commercial Manager/Senior Commercial Manager/Head Of Commercial/Commercial Director
- Expertise in report writing and presentation.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Supportive and team-oriented attitude
This is an excellent role with a successful housebuilding business that would suit someone with a background as a Commercial Manager/Senior Commercial Manager/Head Of Commercial/Commercial Director and is looking to broaden their horizons by working on some of the country’s most prestigious housing developments.
For further information, please apply today.
Talk to one of our consultants, we're here to help.