An exciting opportunity has arisen for a finance professional to join our team in central Bristol to assist our Payroll and Compliance Manager with tasks relating to the engagement and payment of temporary workers.
Main duties and responsibilities will include
- Control the timely and accurate set up of temporary worker placements, including preparation and issue of relevant contracts and other documents.
- Ensure all regulatory and legislative compliance requirements for temporary workers are met, in particular those relating to eligibility to work in the UK and Health & Safety.
- Log copies of all compliance documents against each temporary worker’s database record and maintain an accurate and up to date record of their details.
- Handle queries from temporary workers.
- Assist in chasing timesheets each week for temporary workers and then processing them through payroll.
- Run initial checks on the temporary staff payroll to ensure all data input is accurate.
- Collating all staff expense forms and Amex statements for internal staff, ensuring all receipts are accounted for and match the claim provided, and posting these to Sage Accounting Package.
- HR Admin limited to issuing new staff Contracts to new members of staff, ensuring all relevant documents are received in a timely fashion for new starters and all compliance regulations are met.
- Preparing Leaver paperwork for Staff Terminations
- Maintain the attendance register for all members of staff.
- Manage and Log staff holiday requests and check approvals forms
- Log all petty cash expenses and reconcile them at the end of the month.
Required skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience
- 2 Years Office Admin and Accounts Experience.
- Knowledge of CIS and AWR would be a distinct advantage, as would prior experience of payroll processing (weekly high volume).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a confident professional telephone manner.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and generate ideas for improvement.
- Previous experience in compliance related role.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, with an ability to adapt approach to resolve queries.
- Computer literate and proficient in Excel and Word.
- SME experience preferred.
Remuneration, benefits and working hours
- £19,500 salary PA
- 22 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- 3% Statutory Pension Contribution
- Mentoring, Training and Support
- Opportunity to undertake a payroll qualification or accounting qualification supported by the Finance Director
- Hours 8.30am to 5.30pm, with 1 hour for lunch
- Free fruit everyday
- Monthly Team Drinks paid for by the Company
- Central Bristol Location in a serviced office in the heart of the city centre
- Be part of a friendly and fun Team of 9 Finance staff
Overall, you must be an excellent communicator, possess a “can do” and collaborative attitude, be willing to get stuck in and enjoy working as part of a small but busy team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation that can offer great variety.
To apply please submit your CV, together with 2 references (if available), plus details of your current or most recent salary and current notice period (if applicable).
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within 2 weeks please note that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.