Apprentice 1st Line Support Analyst
Purpose of the Job
To manage the resolution of first line support incidents, problems and requests within service and operational level agreements.Working with 3rd parties and colleagues within the wider IT team where necessary.
To provide support & technical assistance to all customers of CityWest Homes’ IT systems, making an important contribution to overall IT service delivery. And providing an excellent standard of service to all customers.
- To analyse incidents and deliver technical resolutions as part of the IT support service, to contribute to an efficient and effective IT service desk.
- Review tickets within Service Management systems using established priorities.
- Man the helpdesk telephone system on a daily basis to resolve issues for end users.
- Learn what notes and updates should be done on tickets.
- The initial investigation and resolution of incidents relating to business and desktop applications, and subsequent referral to either senior support analysts, to 2nd/ 3rd line support, the application management team or a 3rd party.
- Learn to deliver end user introductory training on IT systems.
- Undertake daily operational checks as defined and trained by the wider team.
- Participate in projects as required.
- Track IT assets using software tools. This includes checking deliveries, logging items into the storage areas and maintaining the state of the comms rooms.
- Setup mobile phones and laptops for end users.
- Deploy and install software to computers.
- Perform password resets and help end users with profile and connectivity issues.
- Allow and remove access to folders and email distribution lists.
- Perform basic proactive tasks for backups and learn how to restore backups.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the IT Management Team.