Potensis are engaged with one of the UK’s largest Main Contractors to source a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Berkshire on a permanent basis
They are looking to recruit an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. With a diverse portfolio of projects, they are looking for an established Managing Quantity Surveyor with demonstrable experience of managing teams of Senior Quantity Surveyors and multiple projects, along with a wealth of knowledge throughout the main contracting market. Depending on size of schemes, the MQS will manage 3 to 6 schemes, each ranging in value from £500k to £60m.
The team and the region:
The team in Berkshire have completed some outstanding projects to date and, with a full order book for the coming years, are in place to continue this performance.
- Responsible for the commercial management of a large project or a number of multiple projects, ensuring that all commercial processes and procedures are followed.
- Ensure works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value.
- Ensure costs are managed and ensuring subcontract accruals and liabilities are properly assessed to determine True Cost. Works in collaboration with the site team to maximise value and minimise cost.
- Ensure the project procurement schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for the procurement of subcontractors on agreed terms.
- Maintains the project risk and opportunity schedule, ensuring that risks are mitigated and opportunities realised.
- Experience of managing teams of Senior Quantity Surveyors and multiple projects, ranging in value and type of scheme
- Suitable Commercial experience in Construction projects, including cost and value reconciliations.
- Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities
- A good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent communicator (written & verbally with clients, colleagues and the public)
- Good organiser & ability to prioritise
- Professionally qualified in a relevant commercial discipline - degree qualified or equivalent experience
Salary and benefits – On offer for this role will be a base salary of up to £75,000 p.a. DoE, full package including car or car allowance, healthcare, highly competitive matched pension, share options plus additional benefits.
Alert me to jobs like this